Do you want the Road Tax system to change? Do you have thoughts on the potential changes to the Road Tax system? | No thanks
Oil Additives - Dave N
I wondered what you regulars think of oil additives? You know, all the Wynns and STP type product that you can add to engine, gearbox and ATF fluid. I know the 'Rebuild your engine with one can' is junk, but do any of the others make any difference?
RE: Oil Additives - honestjohn
Some bloke sent me some stuff called ICE which you're supposed to pout into your engine and immediately benefit from a 25% improvement in fuel economy. So I asked him if he had any evidence of it extending the life of an alloy BMW M52 block with original Nickasil bore liners to 200,000 miles. But I do subscribe to gearbox oil additives. Just one container of STP held a noisy box together on a Jetta 16v I once owned for more than three years.

HJ
RE: Oil Additives - saxton

I have used Slik50 on Reliant Scimitar diffs which successfully maintained/reduced noise levels.Also latterly on Mercedes 190 2.6 diff with
similar success over considerable mileage.

S.Saxton
Oil (again) - David Moore
If I do get some thick oil (as suggested for my old Polo) at the next change, will any of the oil additives available help to improve cold start protection?

Ask Honest John Right column

Value my car