Vauxhall Astra Handbrake Problems - Larry Stanley

Hello Friends,

Have a new style Astra on 10 plate, 1.6 Sri. have had various problems with the car - one morning passenger footwell was full of water after some heavy rain, handbrake is very tempremental (new electronic style), very unecconomical. Final straw came last week when the car was parked on a slight hill, with my grandson sitting in the back. Sat talking to someone with engine off for a while and when I got out of the car to get something from the boot the car started to roll down the hill. couldnt stop it and only stopped when hit something. The car had already been back to dealer as had complained about the handbrake, but they are saying no fault is found, has anyone else had any similar problems please?

About me,

am new to the forum, I have worked with multiple firms. you can check xxxx

Edited by Avant on 03/03/2017 at 11:24

Vauxhall Astra Handbrake Problems - SLO76
Am I missing something here? How can this nonsense be worth this m****s time and effort when there's zero chance of gaining any business from it? I'm assuming the link must be some Trojan horse and he's hoping some poor soul will click on it?
Vauxhall Astra Handbrake Problems - Brit_in_Germany

That is terrible news. I hope your grandson sues you for damages for your failure to engage a gear as stated in the highway code. I hope he bankrupts you.

Vauxhall Astra Handbrake Problems - Lygonos

Maybe if you stopped using the handbrake as a self-pleasuring device it wouldn't be so slippy you failed to apply it correctly?