Peugeot 308 SW - mid sized estates - polywobblydriver

Can anyone out there suggest a good mid-size estate car for between £10,000 and £15,000 that i will get decent MPG from? It's mostly for B road and city driving. It needs to be a good size boot for my partner's mobility scooter.

Peugeot 308 SW - mid sized estates - SLO76
What sort of mileage will you be doing annually and will it be mostly local or will it be distance?
Do you mind buying used or is this to be a new purchase?
Peugeot 308 SW - mid sized estates - skidpan

We looked at the 308SW 18 months ago when the wife was swapping her car. It appeared to tick all the boxes but the constant complaint in most reviews was rear seat space but since we are capable of making our own mids up we went for a look.

Vast boot, no idea if there was a spare or if one would fit, we did not get that far. I am 5'9" and with the drivers seat set in the correct place for me to drive comfortably when I tried to sit behind me there was insufficient legroom. It is probably OK if you have small(ish) children but the idea of carrying adults in the rear would only work with ting front seat occupants.

We walked away and bought a Nissan Note. The boot is decent for a small car, think Focus/Golf etc size. But rear seat space is magic and in the better spec models you get a sliding rear seat to vary boot space and leg room.

I would suggest you look at a Seat Leon ST rather than the Peugeot. The boot is still big but the rear space is far better. Some would say the Skoda Octavia estate is a better/bigger car but I would not buy one since having tested 3 all of which had very high levels of road noise present.

Peugeot 308 SW - mid sized estates - Avant

I'd have thought that you need height as well as length if you're going to get a mobility scooter in the back. You'll need to measure the scooter in all three dimensions and see what it'll fit into.

The Citroen Berlingo (or its Peugeot equivalent) has plenty of height, and a low loading lip, but it is long enough? Also look at a Skoda Roomster, which is a bit bigger. If these still aren't long enough, there's a 'car version' of the Ford Transit - the Tourneo Connect.

Peugeot 308 SW - mid sized estates - Steveieb

Look even older to a Mk 1 Toyota Yaris Verso which is custom built to take a mobility scooter with an outward opening door.

Peerless reliability and the highest score on customer satisfaction given to any car.

Available in Manual and auto and no cambelt worries and possibly rust free as I understand they were galvanised .

Peugeot 308 SW - mid sized estates - gordonbennet

I know you don't look at the mantlepiece when stoking the fire, but Mk1 Yaris Verso makes Fiat's 500L look positively handsome.

Can't argue with it being a fine vehicle mind.

Peugeot 308 SW - mid sized estates - daveyjp

One of those questions where a car supermarket is the initial answer.

There are plenty of small estates, MPVS out there, but with a very specific requirement to meet you can't do better than visiting one, with no money or credit cards so you can avoid the pressure sales tactics and browse their stock.