Any - MoT - freman

A few weeks ago I put my car in for the annual M o T test, it passedO.K with a few advisories ,one of which was windscreen view obstruction.

This consisted of the mounting for the sat-nav which was as low as I could get it slightly to the right of the center of the screen,the old road tax disc mounting,and an old MoT pass sticker about 5 cms. square in the top left hand corner of the screen.

I spoke to the tester about it & he said it was a new condition coming in ,but I cant find any reference to it anywhere.

Can any body help please?

Any - MoT - RobJP

If it's an advisory, it's not relevant. He may have viewed it as creating an obstruction to vision.

Just make sure it is removed for the MOT next year.

Any - MoT - elekie&a/c doctor

Sounds like rubbish ,to me.Check here;mot-testing.i-env.net/documents/manuals/m4s0800030...m

Any - MoT - RT

It's illegal under Road Traffic Act to have anything obstructing that part of the windscreen swept by the wipers - the single exception being the VED disk - as posted just remove it next year for the MoT.

Any - MoT - gordonbennet

If we had any traffic coppers left they should be pulling people up 24/7 for having large pratnavs stuck in the middle of the screen, glowing bright enough in the dark to create a real problem with vision beyond let alone the blind spots, quite how people get away without mishap with the blessed things stuck willy nilly is a mystery.

With most dash designs you should be able to find a spot that you can double side tape or glue a base to and then sucker the nav mount to that, hopefully avoiding the screen view completely or at worst only partially obscuring a section below the screen wiped part.

Any - MoT - elekie&a/c doctor

Next time you see a Cop car parked up,take a look at their windscreen.They will all be illegal under the RTA regulations.