Car insurance - Insurance Fraud? - oldroverboy.

Previous occupant "out of view" .. for several years, Getting lots of letters that Royal Mail insist on delivering.

Received Car insurance docs and informed Insurance co that person had not lived here for several years, not really interested.. But interestingly did admit when pressed that the insurance cover would be void in the event of a claim if the person was using the address to obtain a lower premium..

Then received docs asking to sign a credit agreement for the insurance and informed the reputable broker that person not resident at this address for 2-3 years and they were very helpful and deleted the address from their records and thanked me for the information.

This has all followed on from various people knocking on the door, delivering stuff or asking for money... One of whom was most aggrieved when I refused to identify myself as I had simply said that I was not that person and that they could simply check the electoral register and/or DVlAif it was motoring related.

Eventually got a written apology from one of the debt collection agencies.

Car insurance - Insurance Fraud? - Avant

To judge by your comments on drivers in Colchester, the insurance company are wrong to classify it as a low-premium area!

Car insurance - Insurance Fraud? - gordonbennet

Blimey ORB i hope the previous inmate doesn't upset some hood whilst still using your address.

Car insurance - Insurance Fraud? - Gibbo_Wirral

I had something similar happen. Previous occupant of my flat fled to escape creditors. But kept the address for his car insurance and DVLA documents.

He'd kept a key to the communal entrance so was able to intercept mail addressed to him before the new occpants got home from work and found someone else's mail in their pigeon-hole.

I took all the documents to the police. They put an ANPR marker on his reg for him to be pulled over.

Car insurance - Insurance Fraud? - Brit_in_Germany

I would just cross out the address of the unopened letter and mark it "not known at this address". Not sure what the legalities are of opening correspondence addressed to others. Of course if it just refers to the occupant, that is a different matter.

I would just cross out the address of the unopened letter and mark it "not known at this address". Not sure what the legalities are of opening correspondence addressed to others.

Fed up of dealing with the procession of callers, have new phone number..

Have been to bank and given them letters etc for spouse and children and told thank you and some mail from banks stopped. Credit card missives etc returned in envelope with a note saying person had moved, but noe fed up so the direct approach starting to work.

Also fed up of callers with writs/warrants and demands.

Car insurance - Insurance Fraud? - concrete

We have been plagued by letters and other information, some of it quite personal and sensitive, about the previous occupants. As good citizens we wrote 'not know at this address' and posted them back. But still they kept coming. Proving that companies and organisations take no notice of returned mail. I complained to the Post Office. They asked me to bundle up the unwanted mail for the next few weeks and hand it over to them. That worked and the letters are down to about one every couple of months. Try that with your local post office and see what happens. Concrete

I complained to the Post Office. They asked me to bundle up the unwanted mail for the next few weeks and hand it over to them. That worked and the letters are down to about one every couple of months. Try that with your local post office and see what happens. Concrete

quote from Royal mail.

"We have to deliver mail with a persons name on it to any address...."

The best result was with Sky who, once i sent lots of their mailings back continually to Head Office in oversized envelopes with no stamps.. was to stop all mailings..

I am not so concerned about the mailings as the implications for the people who may well suffer as a result of fraud.

And yes, people are forgetful.. but in one case I have advised the freeholder of my flat to re-imburse the previous leaseholder his ground rent as they had continued to debit him..

Forgetfulness ok... Deliberate deception Nay!

Car insurance - Insurance Fraud? - Gibbo_Wirral

I would just cross out the address of the unopened letter and mark it "not known at this address". Not sure what the legalities are of opening correspondence addressed to others. Of course if it just refers to the occupant, that is a different matter.

Sadly, a lot of mail just goes into a bin if its been sent on a companies behalf by a third party mailing house, and never gets acted upon.

Best best is to open it and contact the sender direct. I told the police that I'd opened his DVLA and car insurance mail and they were fine with it, as I was being "public spirited" and nothing detrimenal to frauduent to the addressee.