Ford Focus - Skidding infront of Speed Camera - angloas

Hello, My car had skidded off the road infront of a speed camera. The speed limit was 50, I was doing about 60. I noticed the camera late and ended up skidding as a result of braking sharply. I don't know If I was caught by the camera as it was a "heart-in-mouth" moment and left shaken pretty badly. The car eventually stopped on the side of the road with no one injured, nothing happened to the car or anything. I got out to check the car, there was nothing. I started to drive off to my destination again and I am still a bit shaken. I don't know what to expect If I am caught by the camera etc. Can you advice please?

Ford Focus - Skidding infront of Speed Camera - RT

Whether you get a ticket depends on your exact speed as you passed the "trigger point", whether the camera was active and any tolerances being applied by that particular safety partnership.

Of greater concern, both to yourself and other road users, is your apparent inability to drive to the conditions, which includes braking without losing control and driving slower than the speed limit if conditions dictate.

Ford Focus - Skidding infront of Speed Camera - gordonbennet

No ABS?

I too would be more concerned about things other than a possible speeding nick, like how can knocking less than 20% of speed off in a reasonably modern car end with the car in the ditch, unless the conditons were ice/snow/spilled fuel on a wet road.

I'd be looking at tyre condition and quality too.

Ford Focus - Skidding infront of Speed Camera - FP

There's very little to advise. No-one here can tell you how fast you were actually going when the speed camera did its stuff. If you were going too fast at that point and the camera was active you'll be getting something in the post pretty soon. Fine and points or speed education course.

If not, you have the memory of what happened ("I am still a bit shaken") and the realisation that you were going well over the limit.

Either scenario should be a wake-up call.

Ford Focus - Skidding infront of Speed Camera - slkfanboy

Basically @60 in a 50 it's very unlikely.

The worst offence was the careless driving, putting other road users in danger by performing emergency breaking for no reason.

Ford Focus - Skidding infront of Speed Camera - RT

Basically @60 in a 50 it's very unlikely.

The worst offence was the careless driving, putting other road users in danger by performing emergency breaking for no reason.

Some areas prosecute 50s at 57, Kent does!