Any - Refund of VED when selling a vehicle - Beware! - nick62

Sold my car privately today and being eager to let the DVLA know this so I can get a refund of existing VED including September, I have just found-out that the on-line DVLA service is only available between 08:00 - 18:00 Monday to Saturday!!!

Bigger crooks that I thought, (not happy enough having two lots of VED income for the same month from two punters on one vehicle).

Good job today (Sunday) is not the 31st Aug as I fear if my application tomorrow fell on 1st September it would mean I would lose the refund for September, (or is the refund from when you state the day of sale rather than when you inform of the date of sale)?

What is the point of an on-line service that is not 24 hours / 365 days of the year............... oh I just remebered, this is for REFUNDS, they will probably let you PAY your VED any time of the day?

Grr.

Edited by nick62 on 31/08/2015 at 00:40

Any - Refund of VED when selling a vehicle - Beware! - NARU

You don't have to do anything. Just fill in the V5 with the right date and you'll get the refund automatically.

Or am I missing something?

Any - Refund of VED when selling a vehicle - Beware! - skidpan

You don't have to do anything. Just fill in the V5 with the right date and you'll get the refund automatically.

Or am I missing something?

Correct. The refund will arrive in a couple of weeks based on the date the vehicle changed hands.

Really simple system. Worked perfectly for us 3 times already.

Any - Refund of VED when selling a vehicle - Beware! - nick62

Thanks for the clarification guys.