Minor Van - Help - minor man paul

Hi does have anyone/advise help me I left my van on a chaps piece of land he let scrap man take it.. it looks like scrap man sold it the person who has it trying to get log book from DVLA ..police say it's a civil matter dvla keep asking me when i sold it i told them the problem we seem to be getting nowhere any help ideas would be appreciated Regards
Paul

Minor Van - Help - Railroad.
Surely what this amounts to is theft, and since when has that been a civil matter? If someone is attempting to obtain a V5 for a vehicle that he knowingly belongs to someone else, in other words one that he has no legal title to then I don't understand why the police won't investigate. Unless of course he does have legal title, however obtained.
Minor Van - Help - Wolfan

If there were no signs on the land to deter parking and the owner didn't know who owned the vehicle was he should then have made every reasonable effort to trace them, if unable to do so he should then have attached a notice to it warning that if it wasn't removed within a reasonable specific time, probably 28 days it would be disposed of.

If this sort of procedeure wasn't followed and the police aren't interested then submit a claim against the landowner in the small claims court for the value of the van. It's not expensive and if you are successful the defendant should have to pay your costs.

In the meantime contest the v5 application to the DVLA.

As a caveat it is always unwise to park on private land without permission.

Minor Van - Help - Wolfan

Hi does have anyone/advise help me I left my van on a chaps piece of land he let scrap man take it.. it looks like scrap man sold it the person who has it trying to get log book from DVLA ..police say it's a civil matter dvla keep asking me when i sold it i told them the problem we seem to be getting nowhere any help ideas would be appreciated Regards
Paul

If there were no signs on the land to deter parking and the owner didn't know who owned the vehicle was he should then have made every reasonable effort to trace them, if unable to do so he should then have attached a notice to it warning that if it wasn't removed within a reasonable specific time, probably 28 days it would be disposed of.

If this sort of procedeure wasn't followed and the police aren't interested then submit a claim against the landowner in the small claims court for the value of the van. It's not expensive and if you are successful the defendant should have to pay your costs.

In the meantime contest the v5 application to the DVLA.

As a caveat it is always unwise to park on private land without permission.