Vauxhall Meriva - car with spanner light on dash board - Mandychet

My Meriva is running absolutely fine but the car with spanner light keeps lighting up on dashboard.

Recently had a service and the garage read stored codes: P1112 and P1116

I've not noticed any issues with the running of my car so how do I find out what these codes are and should I be concerned.

Read many forums but their cars are having driving problems

Confused?!

Vauxhall Meriva - car with spanner light on dash board - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

Ah! The garage read the codes but gave you no advice? Makes you wonder, doesn't it?Most likely they had no idea. Find another garage!

You can Google the fault codes or go to

www.troublecodes.net/obd2/pcodes/

Where you find that P1112 reports 'Intake air temperature (IAT) sensor circuit intermittent low voltage'

And P1116 reports 'Engine coolant temperature sensor out of range / ECT sensor out of self-test range.

I leave it to those who know to suggest a solution!

Vauxhall Meriva - car with spanner light on dash board - Mandychet

The garage did explain what the codes were, cleared them and asked me to see how it goes (sorry didn't explain that very well)

It keeps lighting up again so was just doing some research for myself before I took it back.

Went to see the mechanic again today and he's going to have a look at the switches that these codes relate to first before thinking about ECU problems as like I said it runs fine?

Hoping its just a short somewhere and the new switche/s will solve it

Will let you know how it goes

Vauxhall Meriva - car with spanner light on dash board - hardway

You have no way of knowing just how old those codes are,

Except clearing them and see if they come back.

And as far as I can recall the spanner light on Vauxhall is the service indication light.

And not the engine managment warning amp.

Vauxhall Meriva - car with spanner light on dash board - mfarrow
Spanner light is definitely engine issues, there is a separate emissions light (engine symbol), plus some variation between engines.

If the light comes up when driving, then the fault has appeared. If the light stays on when ignition is on (doesn't clear after a few seconds) then a code is stored.

You don't mention age or engine??