hardhitting tv advert - tone
I remembered this link after reading Dan Js comment in the hazards topic.

Apparently this has been made into an advert on tv in Venezuela, i think adverts like this would get the point across

***WARNING***
The Link contains fairly graphic images, please don\'t click on it if your easily disturbed.

(Mark please feel free to delete this link / thread if you feel its not suitable)

tone - I can\'t say I know what to do here. It is an important message and something people need to face, but it is graphic and disturbing. I have changed the link and inserted a warning. I reserve the right to change my mind.

********* Note to all: ****************

I have amended the link so that you cannot click on it and be taken to it immediately. You will have to cut and past it to your web browser. I warn you, it is extremely graphic, extremely distrubing and very, very sad. It shows the aftermath to one young female from being involved in an accident.

You may prefer not to look, and if you are not a drink-driver I would suggest that you do not look - if you are a drink-driver then you\'re scum anyway.

You have been warned, read what I said and consider first.

Mark

www.expressen.nu/html/bildarkiv/Saburido.htm
hardhitting tv advert - Dan J
Absolutely sickening to look at but an excellent post tone. This is real life and it really puts things into perspective. The UK seems to shy away from this kind of "shock tactic" advertising when it comes to government information films etc but they are as hell work for me. You'd have to be pretty low down the evolutionary chain not to be affected by something of this nature.

Poor girl.
hardhitting tv advert - Toad, of Toad Hall.
I can\'t look at this because I know I\'ll get upset.

Yes, you would.

I have removed the rest of your note since it seems to me inappropriate. I am not sure I am correct, but there you are. Mark.
hardhitting tv advert - Mark (RLBS)
I\'ll warn you all now, I am not prepared to let much discussion about this happen.

Mark.
hardhitting tv advert - volvoman
Very moving indeed ! Not sure this sort of thing would influence those who wilfully drink/drive or simply drive recklessly but if even a single life is saved as a result of this poor girl's tragedy, surely it must be worth it !

Despite everything we know about the carnage on our roads, we all tend to feel safely cocooned away from danger in our quiet, modern cars. This is a powerful reminder of what can happen.

Our thoughts go to the family concerned who are obviously very brave.
hardhitting tv advert - ratty
I am not sure that the extent of the carnage is realised by many. It is cleared up so quickly by the emergency services.
Would it help things if more people knew, for instance, that the biggest cause of death in the u.k. up untill middle age is rta's, and that a young motorcyclist has about 20 times the risk of an average car driver, and that a great deal of transplant organs are from rta victims?
hardhitting tv advert - volvoman
Agree - how many of us ever see tragic consequences such as these or appreciate the reality you so concisely convey ?
hardhitting tv advert - HF
I tried to access Dan J's link on the other thread, but just can't get there.

I accessed this one, however, and kind of wish that I hadn't. That is the most horrible, sad and disturbing thing that I have ever seen in my life.

It's just shocking. But I *do* think, public tv ads of this sort, might just shock a few people into thinking about what they're doing.

Don't know what else to say, that link is just too sad.
HF
hardhitting tv advert - scruffythedog118
Well, there is nothing that words can say, the pictures say it ALL!

hardhitting tv advert - mal
I myself am certainly aware of the reality and consequences of RTA's having been involved in a head on collision a few years back which could easily have killed me.

And recently witnessing a fatal RTA in which the couple driving the car in front of me sadly were killed.

I am in no doubt whatsoever how fragile life can be.
hardhitting tv advert - Dave_TD
Speechless.

Drivers need to see this.
hardhitting tv advert - eMBe {P}
Unfortunately we live very sheltered lives in the West where images of serious injury and/or death are just not the done thing. I have experience of life in 2nd? and 3rd world countries where daily newspapers print shocking pictures of aftermath of accidents, shootings, etc. almost on a daily basis. From the time you are old enough to go out in to the street on your own (which means a 4 or 5 year old in most countries), you see real injuries and death around you. I have seen dozens of dead people there, but none in the UK. In those countries, there is almost no-shock value to see the type of tv-advert discussed here.

** HJ Backroomers - ADD your photo albums at:
groups.msn.com/honestjohn/shoebox.msnw