Skoda yeti - Lease - Davidpeter

Can anyone help me out with the following?

I have been searching for the best leasing terms for the above vehicle and have come across a site which is offering a deal that is far better than any of the others. Basically they are offering business rates for what is a personal lease. To qualify, they have asked that I get something signed by my employer which says that IF I were to do any business mileage then this would be reimbursed by the company. I have explained that the company will have nothing to do with the lease, it will be entirely personal, and that I do not do any business mileage. However, it is true that IF I were to do so, then the company would indeed re-imburse me.

I have asked the leasing rep to explain this but they only repeat that I would need to get this signed off to qualify. It seems to me that they are passing off a personal lease as a business lease, but what they have asked me to get signed is not actually untrue...IF I were to do business mileage then the company would indeed reimburse, it's just that this will not actually happen.

It all seems dishonest in one way or another, and if they are dishonest in one respect then why not in others? It's off-putting, but the deal is very good.

Has anyone come across this? Am I being paranoid?

Skoda yeti - Lease - TheBroker

In short a few funders are agreeing to offer business rates to those who use a vehicle for business usage, eg in receipt of car allowance, a director or receive mileage allowance etc.

Strictly as you do not do company mileage you do not qualify. Now technically IF you could claim business miles then yes you would but as you have said you do not so it gets into a grey area.

If the funder were to audit this not only could you have the car taken off you (worst case scenario) the broker concerned would lose their relationship with the funder concerned.

We have a strict policy of not venturing into the grey area - e.g. if a customer does not quality, we can't do the deal as it is simply not worth it.

Should you do it and take the risk, that is up to you. Will it get uncovered, probably not.

Hope this helps.

TheBroker