Toyota Yaris - Yaris master key battery going - CarNovice28

Hi

The master key battery for my Yaris is going, so I am having problems getting it to respond.

I have a spare key which also opens and locks the vehicle.

Can I use this spare key indefinitely, or do I have to have the battery in the master replaced within a certain amount of time?

Thanks.

Toyota Yaris - Yaris master key battery going - Chris M

Assuming you have the vehicle handbook, it will tell you how to replace the battery and how to reprogramme it if necessary. It won't be difficult.

This may help: www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vGlTO2lo4k

Edited by Chris M on 02/12/2014 at 20:17

Toyota Yaris - Yaris master key battery going - The-Mechanic

You don't need to worry about changing the battery quickly. It won't lose its coding even if you take a while. You'll need a small, fine end Phillips screwdriver such as a watch / spectacle type to remove the screw that goes thru the blade part, gently lever the end nearest the blade then push it backward to release the clasp that's at the ring end.

Depending on the type of remote fob, you may need to remove the remote control out of the key body, prise the two halves of it apart, then you can pop the battery out to replace it.

From memory, the battery you need is a 2016 button type.

Toyota Yaris - Yaris master key battery going - madf

Hi

The master key battery for my Yaris is going, so I am having problems getting it to respond.

I have a spare key which also opens and locks the vehicle.

Can I use this spare key indefinitely,

Yes. We switch ours over and it makes no difference.

Toyota Yaris - Yaris master key battery going - CarNovice28

Thanks all for your replies.

It appears to be OK. It just seems to take a while to allow me to set the immobiliser when I switch off the engine. Is that normal?

Toyota Yaris - Yaris master key battery going - elekie&a/c doctor

Both keys are the same .I assume one has remote buttons and the other does not.The battery in the key is only for remote locking operation and nothing else.You cannot set the immobilser,this is done automatically when the ignition key is turned to the off position.