Ford Ka - Storage Space - Macone

Within the last few days I have taken possession of a New Ford Ka Zetec. I have had two of these models previously and no problems and was expecting the new Zetec to be the same. Each of thes cars had underseat storage space under the front passenger seat, very handy, the new car has not got this storage space, Ford have done away with it.which is their right, however, no indication from the dealer nor in the glossy booklet, it has simply not been mentioned,. The single line of smallprint which was in the previous boolet, page 45, which referred to this storage space has been ommited from the latest booklet

This is a little sneaky on Ford's part and the amount of storage space is minimul. Two tiny door pockets and the glove box and that's it. When I bought this car I was expecting it to be at the very least the equal of the previous two I had but no it has less.I repeat very Sneaky Ford

Ford Ka - Storage Space - gordonbennet

They never un-tell you things, quick to point out good points and anything new (usually electronic garbage), but you're left to discover anything detrimental yourself.

Is it possible to retrofit the previous storage tray under the new seats, if so either find some in a breakers or check up parts prices (that would annoy me though paying Ford for the privelidge), a perusal of Ford forums might tell you what you need to do.

Indeed the cars you owned previously had these already fitted, but are they now, or were then maybe, an option?

Lots of makers do this, some cars came with spare wheels at first in the model range, but were quietly replaced with a pot of goo half way through the run, don't suppose the sales bods were pointing that out to rebuyers either.

Edited by gordonbennet on 17/08/2014 at 09:19

All previous models had this seat storage space fitted. It is a special seat which the seating part is hinged and can be tilted up to allow access to the space. I don't fancy breakers yards as an option as it would require a complete seat replacemen with the same type fabric colouring.

Thanks

Ford Ka - Storage Space - daveyK_UK

Are you comparing the latest shape Ka (Fiat 500) with the old shape rust bucket made by Ford? Or are you pointing out Ford have changed the seat type on the current Ka model on zetec trim?

Are you comparing the latest shape Ka (Fiat 500) with the old shape rust bucket made by Ford? Or are you pointing out Ford have changed the seat type on the current Ka model on zetec trim?

Yes. Latest Ford Zetec Brand new