renault clio - wiring rear fog lights - littleolliez

Hello i am helping a friend with a 02 plate clio which has a problem with its rear fog lights well they dont work. When you switch them on the light comes on the dash. If i put a wire to the fuse box and directly to the rear fog light it works properly through the switch. I was wondering the wiring should go battery, ignition, fuse box, then switch. I am wondering if anybody knows the wiring on a clio so i can make sure im tracing them. I would like to know the route and the colours of the wires at each stage.

renault clio - wiring rear fog lights - elekie&a/c doctor

The circuit for the rear fog lights is not that simple.It is switched via the fuse/relay/bsi control unit.Have you checked the fuses in the end of the dash?Tracing the colours on a French car is pointless ,as they can change 3 or 4 times in a matter of feet.Look closely at the cables and you will find them numbered,but unless you have the exact wiring diagram you will be wasting your time.

renault clio - wiring rear fog lights - littleolliez

Thanks for the info i started at the light end and found some muppet had wired a tow bar in and disconnected the fog light. Then put new wires in running to the tow bar and no live wires to the fog lights so rewired the back end. The owners said the tow bar been on there since they have had the car 4 yrs yet this is the first time it had failed mot on fog lights makes you wonder doesnt it.