Any old iron - How high can you go!? - double_tap_that

Just as a thought, ( im a part time taxi driver btw) the vehicle i drive has done 250k miles (diesel) and was wondering, what vehicle has done the most mileage in history?, without engine being replaced/refurbished.

The Torano i drive has gone through 3 engines, 2 being due to drivers not checking the oil and resulting in engine seizure. other being a taxi has been driven to hell and back.

So, question is, what car, can do/has done the most miles on original engine?

Any old iron - How high can you go!? - Bolt

Just as a thought, ( im a part time taxi driver btw) the vehicle i drive has done 250k miles (diesel) and was wondering, what vehicle has done the most mileage in history?, without engine being replaced/refurbished.

The Torano i drive has gone through 3 engines, 2 being due to drivers not checking the oil and resulting in engine seizure. other being a taxi has been driven to hell and back.

So, question is, what car, can do/has done the most miles on original engine?

http://consumerist.com/2013/09/23/mans-3-million-miles-in-volvo-sets-record-for-highest-mileage-by-a-single-driver-in-one-vehicle/

Not sure if anyone else has done it/beaten it in another motor?

Any old iron - How high can you go!? - Engineer Andy

NASA's Opportunity rover?

Technically it was transported 50 million miles before its started roaming the planet (still going - not bad for a solar-powered vehicle!)

Just a bit of fun! :-)

PS - the Titan explorer (went further) doesn't count as it was not designed to move (no wheels), just land!