Peugeot 308 SW - Peugeot wing mirrors - westmoors

Like the previous 405 and 406 models I have owned this 308 has very vulnerable wing mirrors, my garage entrance is offset to the drive and not too easy to get in and out of but I do take great care having knocked a few mirrors off in the past.

I recently aquired the 308 and unfortunately caught the nearside mirror when reversing , they used to call these spring back mirrors but they don't spring back and certainly don't move forward if you catch one when reversing. No complaints I should be more careful, but the frustrating thing is that nowadays they do not seem to sell any of the components separately as they use to do years ago as you often only required one part of the assembly to make a repair and of course saving a great deal of cost...

No exploded drawings seem to be availabe either so you have no idea of the internal build to identify bits even if you could get them !. All I have found available is the cover , mirror glass and the complete unit.

But if anyone has more information on this please tell me. westmoors.

Peugeot 308 SW - Peugeot wing mirrors - Gibbo_Wirral

You can get good exploded diagrams of all part numbers from Peugeot Servicebox. You can either register online (although you need to be a motoring professional):

public.servicebox.peugeot.com/pages/index.jsp

Or you can download it from Torrent sites, although I can't guarantee it will be virus free. Whatever you do, don't buy it from Ebay.

If you don't want to do either, you can contact me privately at peugeotforums.com with your VIN number and I'll send you the diagrams you need.

Many thanks for your offer, I will cotact you on the Peugeot forum as you suggest.

It's all a bit new to me as I have only just purchased the car and smashed the mirror withing a few days, the registration document has not yet been returned from the DVLA so I may not be able to find the vin number uless it is stamped on the car somehwere I shall have a look before I contacy you. many thanks westmoors

Hi again Gibbo_wirral I thought there was a member list in the Peugeot forum I could use to contaact you but I could not find one is another way on the Peugeot site, please advise westmoors.