Volkswagen Golf V TDI - VW MK5 Golf Won't Start! - ConCap

Hi, I own a 2005 MK5 Golf 1.9TDI (105) on Saturday it was parked on the path and my dad started it to bring it into the driveway, anyway we were having a look at the heating as it would only work on number 4 (already bought and put in two heater resistors and still wouldn't work) we were advised by a mechanic to have a look at the fan as it may have become clogged. After having a look to no avail we tried to start the car and now it wont run. The car initially starts but immediately cuts out, any suggestions as to what it could be? I've had a look at online forums but can't get anything specific to focus on, also I may add that the dash is completely out, the lights won't come on at all, the headlights, interior lights, radio etc still work though. Already checked fuses and they are all working fine, I'm baffled, any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Volkswagen Golf V TDI - VW MK5 Golf Won't Start! - elekie&a/c doctor
Behind the glovebox,attached to the heater unit is a small black plastic control unit.Probably has a part no that starts with 1k0907...Is this connected properly and the multiplug pushed fully home?.

Yes its connected in again. To be honest I don't think I connected it before we tried to start the engine, has something possibly blew?

You can't damage it by not connecting it up.Does the dash light up?

Ahh! Well thats a relief. No the dash doesn't light up at all.

Have you checked fuses in both fuse boxes.There is one in the engine bay and another in the end of the dash,driver side?

Yes I've checked all the fuses they all work fine. I had a mechanic out last night and he's going to bring it to his workshop to have a look at it, thanks.
Volkswagen Golf V TDI - VW MK5 Golf Won't Start! - mealanius

Did you find out what the problem was? It seems like you had the same problem as I have, and I can't find out of it. please answer:)

Volkswagen Golf V TDI - VW MK5 Golf Won't Start! - Stareso

Did you get this sorted? The exact same issue with my 05 golf tdi, what solved the problem? Cheers in advance for your help