BMW - Richard E Grant RANT - oldroverboy.

From The Telegraph.

The actor wrote he was left with “clenched fists” and “bared gnashers”, branding the Mini Cooper a “timebomb”.

Mr Grant, in a series of 13 expletive-filled tweets yesterday, said the “what if” has “done my head in”, declaring: “SHAME ON THEM ALL.”

But the actor, best known for his appearances in Withnail & I, Gosford Park, and Bram Stoker’s Dracula, told his nearly 60,000 followers on Twitter that he was “relieved” after the manufacturer offered to replace the steering pump.

"Mini-Cooper Power steering pump replaced FOR FREE post TwitterAid. Acknowledged it was a manufacturing defect. Gratitude and relief”, he tweeted.

"THANK YOU Tweeters for your incredible support. The 'What if?' nightmare scenario on the motorway has mercifully been avoided."

Mini Cooper said the company was offering the repairs free of charge out of “goodwill”.

A spokesman said: "We are undertaking the necessary repairs and it will be free of charge. There's a willingness on our part that whatever the problem is it is rectified."

But the company expressed surprise that the actor had said the company had “acknowledged it was a manufacturing defect”.

He added: “No one from our organisation has been able to assess the car yet”.

BBC Watchdog investigated alleged power steering failures in Minis in 2009, with motorists reporting the car’s system cutting out abruptly.

At the time, it was claimed 223,000 Minis bought between 2001 and 2007 were affected.

Now can BMW start looking after all their customer like this!

And in 2010 in American 80,000 Mini Coopers were investigated for potential power steering problems.

Edited by oldroverboy. on 21/07/2013 at 16:40

BMW - Richard E Grant RANT - brum

Can you make the the print a bit bigger and in bold as I'm having trouble in reading it?........

BMW - Richard E Grant RANT - oldroverboy.

Can you make the the print a bit bigger and in bold as I'm having trouble in reading it?........

Copied and Pasted, should have gone to specsavers...

I'm innocent!

BMW - Richard E Grant RANT - Ethan Edwards

So to take advantage of this superior service all one has to do is be a bit famous and throw your toys out the pram. Beats the service dished out to the ordinairy non famous yokels, peasants and oafs.

Well that's clear enough then. I shall just have to work on the getting famous bit first.

Does the abilty to drink ten pints of stella and fall over backwards make me special and famous then? No..oh dear. Must try harder.

Hard work BMW service...best just stick to Toyota.

BMW - Richard E Grant RANT - gordonbennet

Couldn't agree more Ethan, no need to go in shouting ''do you know who i am?'' at the Toyota dealer.