New Hyundai ix20 - New car paint protection. Glare 'Liquid glass' - nosmig

I'm looking for a DIY paint 'guard' for a brand new car. Not prepared to spend the £300 quoted by the dealer, but the idea appeals.

Anyone have any experience of Professional Polish & Paint Sealant from Glare? Described as "Liquid glass - not wax, silicone, Teflon, polymer" but I don't know whether that's good or not!

New Hyundai ix20 - New car paint protection. Glare 'Liquid glass' - 72 dudes

My opinion only:

Unless these ultra expensive treatments are applied in exactly the right way, they are no better than regular polish/wax.

Save the money and get some decent polish instead, e.g. Autoglym, and go over the whole car 3 or 4 times per year.

New Hyundai ix20 - New car paint protection. Glare 'Liquid glass' - oldtoffee

I think Hyundai use G3 a ceramic based sealant (better than others) and it works - well at least it does on my 2 year old Santa Fe although I will probabaly strip off what remains in the next 12 months and do the job again myself. It's supposed to last 5 years but that's probably in a garage and only driven 6000 miles a year. I didn't pay anything for mine it was included as part of a price deal but £300 for an ix20? No way.

72 dudes is right the garage may not apply it correctly (they could do more damage than good if they overdo it with the orbital polisher) and not let it cure for the right time and in 6 months time it will be long gone so you're better off buying your own stuff and diy'ing it. Autoglym is good stuff but there are even better polishes and sealants that will do a superior job and protect longer but they cost a bit more.

Edited by oldtoffee on 05/07/2013 at 17:14

New Hyundai ix20 - New car paint protection. Glare 'Liquid glass' - greenhey

For what it's worth you can buy Diamondbrite on EBay and apply it yourself.

There are 2 stages- stage 1 where you apply a polish, leave to dry, then apply stage2; then shine up.

It costs me about £20 for a supply of both and I can do the car at least twice with that.