Vauxhall Zafira - Zafira Won't Start - Help! - cjpalmer
Hi Everyone

Any help or advice would be really appreciated!

I own a Vauxhall Zafira 2.0dti 2001 Elegance

It was all running fine until yesterday when someone pulled out of a side road and cut me up. I had to emergency stop (not hard) and stalled it. When I went to restart the car it wouldn't go. It's turning over nice and quickly but just not catching.

We ended up having to call out Green Flag. The man came and looked at it and used his computer fault finder and nothing came up. No warning lights on the dash either.
He seemed to think that it could be something called an emergency fuel shut of switch that needed resetting but there wasn't one (unless any of you know of one?!). He tried disconnected one of the injector pipes and found that the fuel was coming out but slowly. He also tried jump starting it but that didn't work either.

We had it towed to the garage we normally use. After looking at it they couldn't find a problem with it either. When they sprayed easy start into the air intake the car started and ran but once stopped spraying it stopped again.
They seem to think that the fuel pump is working (they checked the current and it pumped)
They also disconnected the battery for an hour to see if the ECU needed resetting.

Non of these things have worked.
The garage is out of ideas. If they start trying new things it could prove costly and not actually solve the problem.

Some has suggested it could be a fault crank shaft sensor, someone else is saying fuel pump failure or needs new ECU.
Wouldn't these show up on the fault finder machine?

Any help would be great!
Vauxhall Zafira - Zafira Won't Start - Help! - cjpalmer

Hello Again

The garage have just put their own fault finder on the car and found the following codes: P1635 Engine Control Module Defective P1631 Data Bus Immobiliser Incorrect Signal P1650 Service Indicator Service Malfunction P1651 Fuel Injection Pump Control Module Can. Data Buz Malfunction P1630 Fuel Injection Timing Solonoid Circuit Malfunction Doesn't sound good.... Does this mean a new fuel pump etc? The garage said it might not mean this - it maybe that one thing has gone wrong and the other codes have come up as a result of this. What do you think?
Vauxhall Zafira - Zafira Won't Start - Help! - dieselnut

With all those codes it sounds to me like power is missing to the ECU. Check that there is power to the engine bay fuse box & that all fuses are ok & tight in their holders. If all ok have a good look around the engine bay wiring for damage.