Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCI 2011 - Strange whining sound when turning engine off - K21000

Just recently started hearing a strange brief whining sound when turning the engine off. Can anyone help please?

drive.google.com/file/d/1-45MwY0W7F5vsInt0e29NMmwO...k

Edited by K21000 on 13/03/2024 at 17:26

Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCI 2011 - Strange whining sound when turning engine off - elekie&a/c doctor
You would be better off making a video outside with the bonnet open pointing at the engine.
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCI 2011 - Strange whining sound when turning engine off - K21000
You would be better off making a video outside with the bonnet open pointing at the engine.

I had the window open. You can clearly hear the noise at the end.

Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCI 2011 - Strange whining sound when turning engine off - elekie&a/c doctor
Sorry, but I can’t make it out clearly.
Sorry, but I can’t make it out clearly.

I don't understand how you cannot hear it at the end of the video. It's really obvious.

Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCI 2011 - Strange whining sound when turning engine off - Adampr

That is a weird noise. It sounds like something running on after the engine is off. Maybe a clutched pump or some kind of idler. Can you get someone else.to switch it off whilst you poke your head under the bonnet?

Maybe heater blowers? It's kind of hard to hear very clearly an impossible to tell where it's coming from.

Edited by Adampr on 13/03/2024 at 21:08

Hopefully this is an improvement!

drive.google.com/file/d/1-azcZT3c6n6JbYEkA9dyFwrCk...k

That is a weird noise. It sounds like something running on after the engine is off. Maybe a clutched pump or some kind of idler. Can you get someone else.to switch it off whilst you poke your head under the bonnet?

Maybe heater blowers? It's kind of hard to hear very clearly an impossible to tell where it's coming from.

Been told it its very likely the alternator freewheel pully. Sound is coming from that area. Are these removable on this car without buying a complete alternator?

Could be overrun alternator pulley . Sounds a bit coa*** to me , but difficult to tell . Pulley can be replaced as a separate part , about £30 , but you’ll need a special tool to remove it .

Hi, what is 'coa***'?

Rough or coa- rse .