Toyota Yaris - Centre rear seat belt prevents loading large items - mikem004

2006 Yaris Mk2. I am moving house. This is my removal vehicle.

The centre rear seat belt is attached to a bolt on the roof.
The seat belt prevents loading of large items, effectively reducing the maximum width to two-thirds.

Any easy means to temporarily remove this seat belt?

Edited by mikem004 on 30/01/2023 at 14:58

Toyota Yaris - Centre rear seat belt prevents loading large items - elekie&a/c doctor
Un- bolt it from the roof ?

Actually, it looks like if I fully extend the seat belt I can wedge it under the folded over rear seats. That opens things up a little.

We'll see tomorrow. Attempting to transport the seat from a three piece suite.

Toyota Yaris - Centre rear seat belt prevents loading large items - catsdad

Can you bungee cord it to the side somehow? It won’t completely get it out of the way but maybe enough to give you room.

I’d be reluctant to unbolt anything that is obscured by trim (cue a future thread on recovering lost spacers in the roof lining). However is there anything in the manual about removal for large loads?

Nothing in the user manual.

Toyota Yaris - Centre rear seat belt prevents loading large items - Andrew-T

All the belt mountings I have seen (not that many, admittedly) are easily unbolted from threads built into the bodywork. If you can see any washers etc, behind the head of the bolt itself, there should be little worry about removing it from the roof. At least any loose bits won't fall upwards. Such fixings have to be removable in case of any necessary replacements.

Toyota Yaris - Centre rear seat belt prevents loading large items - RT

I had a Subaru with a similar roof-mounted centre belt - the belt simply unlatched at each end.

The temporary bodge worked OK. Extend the seat belt as far as possible, then wedge it to the side under the folded back seats.

Toyota Yaris - Centre rear seat belt prevents loading large items - FiestaOwner

2006 Yaris Mk2. I am moving house. This is my removal vehicle.

The centre rear seat belt is attached to a bolt on the roof.
The seat belt prevents loading of large items, effectively reducing the maximum width to two-thirds.

Any easy means to temporarily remove this seat belt?

Should just unclip from the seat! Watch this video (I know it's not a Yaris, but I'm sure it will be very similar).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKn6fgv6Glk