one wiper not working - Honda Jazz 2009 - Honda jazzer

Hi guys, my Honda Jazz 1 of the wipers has stopped working, thankfully the driver side is all good. I'd prefer to do it myself, does anyone have any tips on where to start. to confirm, the working wiper is quite rigid in its position (when car wipers switched off) the non working wiper you can move freely (when wipers are off)

any tips much appreciated thank you

one wiper not working - Honda Jazz 2009 - madf

Could be the failed one is loose and needs to be reseated/tightened

one wiper not working - Honda Jazz 2009 - Andrew-T

Could be the failed one is loose and needs to be reseated/tightened

I thought wiper arms were splined to their spindle (all my Pugs are, anyway) so a fair amount of loosening would be needed before the wiper stopped turning - which would be rather noticeable IMHO ?

one wiper not working - Honda Jazz 2009 - elekie&a/c doctor
Yes , they are splined but the spindle is tapered , so if the nut comes loose , the arm rides up and drive is lost .
one wiper not working - Honda Jazz 2009 - Crickleymal

As madf says something needs tightening or part of the linkage that drives the other wiper has come detached. They might pop together like a ball and socket but you need to consider why it's come apart.

one wiper not working - Honda Jazz 2009 - elekie&a/c doctor
Lift the plastic cover at the base of the wiper arm ( if fitted) , there is a nut holding the arm to the spindle . Usually 13mm . Put the arm in the park position and just tighten it up if it’s loose .
one wiper not working - Honda Jazz 2009 - Rerepo

Unlikely to be the spindle that's come loose. Most likely a joint on the linkage is worn and the cup popped off. You can fix it easily with a 'repair channel' from the popular online aution site. Cost about 6 pounds.

one wiper not working - Honda Jazz 2009 - Ian D
My goodness me, a Honda Jazz with a problem….. don’t get they very often on this forum!!
one wiper not working - Honda Jazz 2009 - sajid
My goodness me, a Honda Jazz with a problem….. don’t get they very often on this forum!!

Its a sign the worlds gonna end !!!