BMW 1 Series - Do mortgage lenders look at credit card statements - Chris M

This is an off the top of my head answer, but they want to know your outgoings and will certainly ask what debt you have. They will already know what credit cards and loans you have/had from the credit check.

I'm assuming you are planning to apply for a mortgage.

Edited by Chris M on 03/10/2022 at 13:34

BMW 1 Series - Do mortgage lenders look at credit card statements - _

In our past 4 purchases, 2 houses and 2 flats, 3 of which we still own, the only question was How much do you have as abalance on your card each month. we pay off in full.

BMW 1 Series - Do mortgage lenders look at credit card statements - Falkirk Bairn

>> Do mortgage lenders look at credit card statements?

If you cannot manage a Credit Card with a balance of a few hundred or thousands why would they lend you 6 figures and hope to see the repayments every month for 25 or 30 years?.

BMW 1 Series - Do mortgage lenders look at credit card statements - madf

They go to credit agencies.

Credit agencies look at payment records on all your bank and credit cards and any late or missed payments reduce your score. And court judgements for debt as well.

If you have a history of late payments and lots of cards, they will be very cautious. If you have lots of debt on cards, even more so,

BMW 1 Series - Do mortgage lenders look at credit card statements - Bromptonaut

I wonder if the OP was more worried about the lender making moral judgements about his purchases rather than the amounts owed!!!