Kia Sportage - 2 same cars with same number plate and same V5C - Greg78

I bought 6 month ago car not from trader just privat.
Now I know another owner have same car the same model, the same colour, the same number plate, the same number of logbook.
It is possible dvla send 2 the same logbooks V5C to two diffrence people?
Probably 1 car is clone (I think) but why dvla send 2 the same logbooks to 2 diffrence people and 2 diffrence address?
Also each car have separate car insurance, separate road tax and separate valid MOT test/

What I can do now?

Kia Sportage - 2 same cars with same number plate and same V5C - Andrew-T

Only one question - how did you discover all this information ? And if you could, why could no-one else ?

Kia Sportage - 2 same cars with same number plate and same V5C - bathtub tom

What about the VINs? Do yours match?

Kia Sportage - 2 same cars with same number plate and same V5C - sammy1

""What I can do now?""

If you know so much detail about the other car is it not possible to ask the owner where he bought his and if his ownership is valid,eg did he buy his car new or did he buy it from a reputable dealer, how old is his car. You can often tell a cars a cars age from date stamps on parts such as headlights etc. Does the vin plate on each car look original you can tell if they are tampered with and there are two. Is there any sign of accident damage or paint repair and are the cars exactly the same as regards interior trim wheels or any other extras you can spot. Do the number plates look original they often give a clue as to original dealer or if accident damaged just plain. As you say one is probably a clone

Edited by sammy1 on 08/11/2021 at 12:48