Neighbour/street parking issues - Victoria McDowall

I live in a street which seems to be ruled by one woman and her parking. Even the local wardens are aware, and they say that legally they cannot do anything. She does not work so is in all day, and anyone who parks in the short stretch of street is spied upon. When her husband leaves for work, she moves her car to block at least two spaces (permit area), and leaves it there until her comes back. There are very limited spaces in this stretch and when my husband comes home he is rarely able to find a spot in this street. She has been approached about this and has proceeded to attack the person, and keyed someone else's car. In the past she has put bags of garden waste to block spaces for visitors. I did report this as I am aware it is fly tipping, but she will have moved them by the time the warden arrives (which obviously can take some time, I understand they are busy). She is making life very difficult. I have asked my local council for advice, as it is a prime spot near the edge of town and lots of people without permits or blue badges park here and go into town also. Occasionally the wardens will come to check, but not often. The woman in question has CCTV and dashcam on 24/7, it's almost as if she is untouchable, and she knows it. I am so annoyed there is nothing we can do, is there?

Neighbour/street parking issues - bathtub tom

Shove a spud up her exhaust?

Neighbour/street parking issues - _

These are common disputes. If you can park safely nearby, don't stress yourself, and don't get involved unless your driveay is obstructed.

Neighbour/street parking issues - Bromptonaut

As above I don't think you have many options. If the parking over two spaces involves marked bays and is predictable then I guess a few tickets might deter.

Conflict is best avoided as neighbour disputes have to be declared when selling one's home and can make things complicated.

Neighbour/street parking issues - SLO76

These are common disputes. If you can park safely nearby, don't stress yourself, and don't get involved unless your driveay is obstructed.

Wise words. I’ve watched a work colleague (I know, there’s a lot of them) descend into utter misery thanks to an ignorant non-working neighbour very similar to you describe. They live in a quiet dead-end and this one neighbour is awkward in the extreme and aggressive to all those who pull him up but doesn’t quite reach the stage of actually blocking (though he makes it very difficult) access to anyone’s driveway. Instead of just parking a 2 minute walk down the street when his 2 car drive is full and he has visitors he confronts this guy or calls the police which only makes things worse. There’s threats and now cameras everywhere where there once was peace and a mildly annoying neighbour. i****ic behaviour like flashing headlights in his windows at night and screaming m****ic threats at each other is now the norm. My suggestion is as above. Don’t engage, simply park 2 mins down the road if possible. This sort of person simply cannot be reasoned with and you cannot force them to agree with you. It’s a no win situation best avoided. The only pleasure you may extract at some point is to catch them doing something illegal which can be reported and acted on so check regularly to see if their cars are taxed, insured and Mot’d, it’s easy to forget one of them and there’s no way to prove you landed them in it.

Edited by SLO76 on 27/09/2021 at 22:58

Neighbour/street parking issues - Palcouk

I'm afraid there will always be selfish neighbours just as there are selfish drivers.

Don't get involved, there is nothing you can do legally