NHS Test and Trace - skidpan

Over the last few months we have read plenty about how useless this app is despite Boris promising we would have a world leading system working in June. Never downloaded it, not needed to until last week following the MIL's positive test last week.

Our dates were as follows:

Last contact with MIL was on the 8th (she tested positive on the 9th) and were given a date of 22nd to be allowed out and about again assuming we had no symptoms etc. That matched perfectly with the 14 days you should self isolate.

Late last week HM Gov changed the self isolation to 10 days and yesterday both me and the Mrs received updated texts and e-mails with the new dates.

Since they had knocked 4 days off we assumed we would get a new date of the 18th to be out and about but it seems HM Gov are still using an old spreadsheet to calculate things.

I have been given a date of the 19th and the Mrs the 20th.

What hope is there? How can we have any faith in such a system? Its a total joke.

NHS Test and Trace - Avant

You're right: the government is a complete joke, although unfortunately not a funny one.

All we can do is follow common sense, which no doubt you'll do and just go with the 10 days ending on the 18th.

Edited by Avant on 14/12/2020 at 15:46

NHS Test and Trace - dan86

You're right: the government is a complete joke, although unfortunately not a funny one.

All we can do is follow common sense, which no doubt you'll do and just go with the 10 days ending on the 18th.

Ellect a clown expect a circus. The problem is the clown is now the ring leader.

How anyone could of voted for someone with a track record like his is something else. A man who as mayor of London wasted millions on vanity projects and has been sacked for lying on more than one occasion but the people voted and now get to reap what they sowe

NHS Test and Trace - nick62

What did you expect for £12,000,000,000?

Those £7,000/day consultants were worth every penny.

NHS Test and Trace - sammy1

Funny after announcing weeks ago that restrictions were going to be lifted for xmas and then things start to look like the virus is taking a hold again' today the health minister says that a new strain of covid is emerging. Nothing to do with tens of thousands out shopping and the like. Somehow I don't think xmas will be as free as they said

Got to the bottom of the dates this morning after a call from Test and Trace.

So until the weekend it was 14 days to self isolate, then it was changed with much fanfare to 10 days.

My original date to be allowed out under the 14 day rule was the 22nd, under the 10 day rule it changed to the 19th, by my maths only a 3 day drop.

But it seems that Boris has not told us the whole story.

Under the 14 day rule the day you came into contact, got the first symptoms or a positive test result counted as day 1.

Under the 10 day rule the day you came into contact, got the first symptoms or a positive test result counts as day 0. The next day is now day 1.

So its not a 4 day change, its only a 3 day change.

The Mrs rang 119 to ask why mine and her dates are different when we both had contact at the same time. They blamed the computer, mine was correct.

Total f***** joke.

To end this thread the MIL, despite being 93 and in poor health came through Covid totally asymptomatic. After about a week in hospital she was moved to the Covid unit at a care home where after her 14 day isolation was moved into the rehab unit for physio and assessment. We found out totally by luck last Tuesday 29th that pending a final assessment the following morning she was being discharged Wednesday 30th. Would have been nice to get a bit more notice but after a call to the home on Wednesday morning confirming she would be home later that morning it was a rush to Tesco's to get her some fresh groceries and get the 40 miles to her home.

We arrived just after she had been dropped off and was on the bed. Very quickly we realised she was unfit to be left there with no other person's and called the physio's. They confirmed that a physio and occupational therapist would be coming that PM to assess what help she needed but surely that should of been done before sending her home.

At about 1.30 we heard a crash, she had fallen trying to get to the commode next to the bed. I called 999 and after answering many question was told the ambulance would be coming as an emergency but not a life threatening emergency so could take some time. No pain, no visible injuries and since she was only about 4 stone the wife got her back into bed. About an hour later same again. Re-rang 999 who told me the Ambulance would be with us ASAP.

Then the physio and occupational therapist turned up. Immediately stated she was unfit to be home and should never have been discharged. Made phone calls and found her an emergency bed at a nursing home pending the paramedics decision after arriving.

Paramedics arrived and decided that due to her pulse rate and low oxygen levels she needed to be taken to hospital.

Over the next 5 days she was up and down and died on Monday afternoon.

I messaged the CQC (Care Quality Commission) who have since rung us and agreed that this appears to constitute an unsafe discharge. We don't want anything other than to ensure that this does does not happen to any other families. The CQC have passed it onto the authorities for investigation.

NHS Test and Trace - FP

Having been responsible for the last years of both my parents, involving hospital stays and discharge into a nursing home for my mother (who died soon afterwards) I read this with much concern.

Hospitals get it wrong sometimes. My mother was kept in for weeks longer than necessary - the opposite of your situation.

My condolences to you and your family.