A Pakistani Truck - Pakistani Truck Alternator Repair - edlithgow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE0_UmFpPUQ

Inspirational apart from the music. And the wallpaper.

Evidently Pakistani Truck alternators are designed to come apart, which mine evidently isn’t, but even at that, a bit suspiciously easy.

Interesting that they apparently get away with cleaning in petrol, which I’d have thought might destroy insulation, as might brake fluid, my go-to cleaner.

The wire brushing seems to be just a bling thing. I wont be doing that.

A Pakistani Truck - Pakistani Truck Alternator Repair - Shaz {p}

Some great videos in the rest of the YT channel. I always enjoy watching with amazement at the ingenuity at the workshops when visiting family.

Thanks for sharing the link. I've bookmarked it!

Edited by Shaz {p} on 19/09/2020 at 12:45

I've not been there, but I've seen similar in Morocco, Egypt and Israeli-occupied Jordan, where The Souk of the Mechanics is divided into The Souk of the Differential, The Souk of the Turbo etc down different alleys

Someone in the electric car thread was saying the motors can't be rebuilt. Get a load of this starter motor armature rebuild.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqpD4khzqbw

Hugely labour intensive, of course, but a lot can be done at the design stage to make replacement of sub-assemblies (like the brushes, regulator etc on an alternator) easy .

If it wasn't the alternator...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=l665eovBlEk

Like to know which particular plastic that burning string sealant was made of. Or maybe it was a rubber band?

On second viewing I think they are recycled bits of scrap battery casing.

I used to have a carbon-torch a bit like the one seen around 6.30 and 9.40. It was supposed to be used for body welding, powered off the car battery. I never got it to work for that, but now think such a thing might be useful for local heating of stuck fastners.

Edited by edlithgow on 21/10/2020 at 04:12