The Bug - Tickly cough and isolating now - Old.Roverboy

Have had antibiotics finishing about 10 days ago for a sore throat, but coughing a bit, slight headache, no other symptoms. Eating nornally, but told to stay in now for 14 days.

SWMBO must tell them at work too.

Ouch!

Edited by Old.Roverboy on 27/03/2020 at 19:23

The Bug - Tickly cough and isolating now - bathtub tom

Only 14 days!

SWMBO got the NHS letter earlier this week and as the only other occupant of the house i'm here for twelve weeks too.

So bored, I started polishing the car today, thinking I may wax it as well.

For everyone feeling smug for getting their supermarket supplies delivered, I've been unable to get a slot at all. Do you know how long a cabbage can last?

For everyone feeling smug for getting their supermarket supplies delivered, I've been unable to get a slot at all. Do you know how long a cabbage can last?

A long time for me, Don't like it. too much at school.

The Bug - Tickly cough and isolating now - JohnX

While I am not an expert on culinary topics,I have seen frozen cabbage, so would have thought that if one chops it up and chucks it into the freezer, it can be used in future at dire times if required

The Bug - Tickly cough and isolating now - nick62

Any idea why you have been given antibiotics for a viral condition, (sore throat)?

Get well soon.

Edited by nick62 on 27/03/2020 at 20:21

Any idea why you have been given antibiotics for a viral condition, (sore throat)?

Get well soon.

Saw Health care assistant 3 weeks ago, Blocked sinuses, some whitish yuk on throat visible, swabbed and tested..

"precautionary sir"

This is a new cough which i didn't have before.

The Bug - Tickly cough and isolating now - thunderbird

sore throat, slight headache,

I had that about 3 weeks ago with some sinus discomfort. Had no temperature so ignored it and took some ibuprofen and decongestant tablets, went after about 3 or 4 days.

Guess it was just a typical winter bug.

The Bug - Tickly cough and isolating now - Andrew-T

sore throat, slight headache,

I had that about 3 weeks ago with some sinus discomfort. Had no temperature so ignored it and took some ibuprofen and decongestant tablets, went after about 3 or 4 days. Guess it was just a typical winter bug.

A common symptom with C-virus seems to be loss of taste and smell. A doctor neighbour here says his neighbour may have had C because of that symptom, but not much other effect.

The Bug - Tickly cough and isolating now - nellyjak

Hope all goes well ORB and that it's nowt more than what you have now.!

Stay safe

The Bug - Tickly cough and isolating now - dadbif
It is strongly advised by medics that you Don’t take Ibuprofen if it’s the lurgy. Paracetamol is what you want.

using the online nhs 111 form I have the symptoms alright. temp not too bad, up to 38.8 and drops a bit after taking paracetamol.

Ah well!

111.nhs.uk/covid-19

The Bug - Tickly cough and isolating now - Random

All the best O.RB, hope you soon recover and don't suffer any more than you are.

The Bug - Tickly cough and isolating now - FP

Sorry to hear you're unwell, ORB. If you're able to, an occasional update would be nice. But the main thing is look after yourself.

The Bug - Tickly cough and isolating now - Engineer Andy

Have had antibiotics finishing about 10 days ago for a sore throat, but coughing a bit, slight headache, no other symptoms. Eating nornally, but told to stay in now for 14 days.

SWMBO must tell them at work too.

Ouch!

My sympathies, ORB. My mum also has been very under the weather, also coming down with a nasty bug (NOT COVID-19, but very similar to your symptoms [she had a 'phelgmy cough]) for over three weeks and has just finished taking 10 days' course of antibiotics, only for one of her severe allergic reactions to flare up, requiring sveral weeks of different pills. And for the entire time she's had to stay at home, before the over 70s self-isolation instruction came in.

The Bug - Tickly cough and isolating now - craig-pd130

Hopefully it won't be Coivd-19, ORB. The latest data today is 120,776 people tested, and 17,089 were positive. That means 86% of people tested didn't have Covid-19, despite having symptoms related to it.

08.00 Sunday

Sweated a lot in the night, Tossing and turning, then got cold, but when I got up to go Bathroom patrol realised the sheets were untucked at the bottom of the bed. Youngrovergirl says temperature ok.Throat (sometimes) feels like eating broken glass...

The Bug - Tickly cough and isolating now - primus 1

I started with this on Friday, runny nose, sneezing , headache and coughing ( not a dry cough), felt a bit hot , managed to sleep ok last night and, apart from a headache don’t feel too bad today, hoping it was just a bad cold, checked my symptoms on the nhs website but nothing matched with COVID, my problem though my son is on immune suppressant tablets, so is high risk, and I work in a care home,

The Bug - Tickly cough and isolating now - John F

Not a good idea to take antipyretics, e.g. paracetamol, unless temperature is really high (>39.5) and you are really achy and uncomfortable. Fever is a defence mechanism evolved over many millennia. The hotter you are, the less the bugs like it. UK docs were far too enthusiastic about advising temperature reduction - some still are. I had proper flu last October immediately after a couple of weeks in California - temperature around 39 for nearly a week. Can't remember being so ill since I had adult mumps in my mid thirties. Only took about about 6 ancient co-codaprin inherited from my late mother.

The Bug - Tickly cough and isolating now - paul 1963

my sympathies to you ORB, I hope all on here get through these most difficult times.

Small point.....what's this got to do with motoring?

To avoid complacency for all of us.

I didn't think it might be me, and i have been careful these last weeks..

To avoid complacency for all of us.

I didn't think it might be me, and i have been careful these last weeks..

The problem is that other people may not have so much - anyone can pass it on via contact with anything they touch, post/parcels, food on the shelf or being delivered, door handles, fuel pump handles, etc etc.

I think it's essentially about reducing the risk of transmission and of the viral load when it is, meaning if and (likely) when you do get it, it hopefully will affect us less seriouslyly, but hopefully still give some amount of immunity to future infection, at least until a vaccine and credible treatments are siogned off, which could be up to a year to 18 months away by all accounts.

Hopefully it won't be Coivd-19, ORB. The latest data today is 120,776 people tested, and 17,089 were positive. That means 86% of people tested didn't have Covid-19, despite having symptoms related to it.

That's not strictly true - the NHS has been testing people admitted to hospital with possible symptoms of COVID-19, but also ALL people admitted with serious respiratory problems (and perhaps serious illness from compromised immune systems such as cancer and AIDS patients), whatever they are, because they are most at risk of dying, and quickly, from the virus if they've got it as well.

It just shows how many people are admitted to hospital on a regular basis with such serious ailments.

Now in A and E With an e, xploded nada polyp that I didn't know I had...

That's an exploded nasal polyp.

Seems like my problem all along.

Young rovergirl still expected into work tomorrow

Edited by Old.Roverboy on 29/03/2020 at 17:46

ORB is signing off for now,

been discharge fro A&E. elective surgery not bein done.

Antibiotics, steroids and nasal spray

God bless all

The Bug - Tickly cough and isolating now - FP

Oh dear! You must as if you've been though the wringer.

I expect the final cure will be the surgery when times are better?

The Bug - Tickly cough and isolating now - Ethan Edwards

Hope you get better soon ORB. Few years ago I had Nasal polyps removed I had virtually no air passage through my nose. So hang in there once they are gone you'll feel so much better.

The Bug - Tickly cough and isolating now - Zippy123

Glad all is well-ish ORB!

The Bug - Tickly cough and isolating now - expat

Get well soon. Hope to see you back here in the near future. Keep in touch.