Nissan Mica 2004 XS - Nissan Micra Dead Battery Help - JH92

Hi All

My wife recently bought a Nissan Micra (2004) as a run around car just to use for city driving.. The Battery of the car is not the greatest, as we noticed after not driving it for 5-6 days, it needed a jump start.

We again did not drive the car for a 5-6 days as we were away, however on this occasion we are unable to jump start the car because the key fob to open the car does not work.

After a youtube search, noticed that you can get access to the vehicle via the passenger side door however when we enter the car, we still can't start the engine. When the key is in the ignition is does not move and the car just wont start. (the car also has a keyless start function, where you press the break and twist the ignition key holder thing,which then starts the car, but as mentioned that just does not move), once I am in the car, nothing works i.e the hazard lights etc so i think the battery is completely dead

Not sure what to do now as it is just stuck on the drive, and cant jump start the battery because the engine won't even turn on.

Can anyone offer any advice on what i should do to get it working or do i just need to call a mechanic to collect the car..

Sorry I am not a Car Person, but i really would appreciate any advice

thank you in advance

Nissan Mica 2004 XS - Nissan Micra Dead Battery Help - bathtub tom

Where did you get it from? If a private seller, then you'll have to deal with the problem. Perhaps a new battery?

Did you buy it from a dealer, if so let them deal with it.

Nissan Mica 2004 XS - Nissan Micra Dead Battery Help - elekie&a/c doctor

If the battery is completely dead, you may not be able to jump start it. I would suggest you get a new battery and move forward from there.

Nissan Mica 2004 XS - Nissan Micra Dead Battery Help - edlithgow

Perhaps get yoursellf a battery charger.

There were some cheap ones in Liddl when I was last in the UK, but I already have one in Taiwan, so I didn't buy one.

There are also some very compact Li-ion based jump starter batteries.Costco here had some.

Heres a semi-literate fairly useless review.

https://www.minithunder.net/top-8-mini-jump-starters-2018/

No experience with these (I generally use a scooter for jump starting/ This is also portable, but won't fit in the pocket.)

You probably do need a new battery, but its possible parasitic drain is responsible for your problem.

IF it doesn't screw up your cars systems too much, which you are about to find out now its electrically dead, you might try disconnecting the battery if you are not going to be using the car for a while.

Edited by edlithgow on 23/08/2019 at 03:23