Ford Transit - MK7 folding seats and MOT - Andres Mula

Good morning,

I am converting my 2012 Transit 125 T300 SWB to a camper.

The van is fitted with a triple folding rear seat with belts that clips into a floor bracket, however as we are a couple and we don't need more than 3 seat, I am considering to remove permanently.

The vehicle is classed as N1 in the logbook and it is registered on it with 6 passengers including the driver so the question is, do I have to inform DVLA that I want to reduce the number of passengers of the van or should I just fold the seat , un-screw the floor brackets from the chassis and keep the logbook as it is?

If option B, would I have any kind of problems in the MOT if I presented the van without the rear seats nor the brackets?

Thank you very much.

PD: Find enclosed picture of the floor brackets if that makes any difference.

https://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q710/GusGuts/DSCF5268_zpsfc61ba73.jpg~original

Edited by Andres Mula on 23/01/2019 at 13:54

Ford Transit - MK7 folding seats and MOT - badbusdriver

I think you might be better off asking this question on a camper forum. Or if you happen to live near an MOT station, go and ask directly.

Ford Transit - MK7 folding seats and MOT - Andres Mula

Thank you for the response.

Could you suggest me a good UK camper forum?

I am Spanish and the camper forums I know are Spanish ones and they cannot help me as regulations are slightly different.

Cheers

Ford Transit - MK7 folding seats and MOT - badbusdriver

Not sure about which ones are good, it isn't a subject I've looked into. Google 'camper forum' and just have a browse through the results to see if the forum is current, or busy. You can do this by checking the dates of the most recent posts to see how active it is. Just going to be trial and error. Possibly you could see if there is a forum ass with one of the popular camper magazines?. Best I can suggest I'm afraid!.

Ford Transit - MK7 folding seats and MOT - bazza

If you are on Facebook, there's a very active group called " self build campervans", they will have this type of kowledge