2002 Ford Fiesta 1.25 - Hot Air in Car - It's Not Me or Heater Valve! - Heidi Sandford

Hi,

I've just got my Ford Fiesta 1.25 (2002) back from the garage after having a new water pump, timer belt, thermostat and heater valve fitted. The temperature gauge is now back to normal thankfully but even when the fan is switched off in my car there is still hot air coming out of the vents. I know that heater valves are a known problem on this make and model but I've been told it's definitely not the heater valve - a new one has been fitted and the problem is still there. Has anyone else had this problem? I've read on a previous post that it could be the fan dial on my dashboard that's not connected properly. Is this easy to fix? Would be grateful for any help/advice

2002 Ford Fiesta 1.25 - Hot Air in Car - It's Not Me or Heater Valve! - Peter.N.

If its definitely not the valve it must be the electrical supply to it.

2002 Ford Fiesta 1.25 - Hot Air in Car - It's Not Me or Heater Valve! - elekie&a/c doctor

You need to get the circuit checked from the valve to the heater control panel. If this proves ok, then it is likely the heater panel is at fault. Not uncommon on these. Find a good s/hand unit Price new from Ford dealer is a whopping £400.!!

2002 Ford Fiesta 1.25 - Hot Air in Car - It's Not Me or Heater Valve! - Heidi Sandford

Thanks for your advice on this. Will look in to it.

Yes, the mechanic suggested it must be electrical. Guess I'll have to save up to get it looked at! Thanks for your response.

2002 Ford Fiesta 1.25 - Hot Air in Car - It's Not Me or Heater Valve! - Big John

Even if the fan is turned off you will still have outside fresh air blowing thorugh the system which will still put out heat if it is set to warm. Presuming you haven't left the temperature setting high then it must be a hot/cold air flap control issue. [EDIT looking at Fiesta hot/cold valve or control of]

Edited by Big John on 21/10/2018 at 23:42

2002 Ford Fiesta 1.25 - Hot Air in Car - It's Not Me or Heater Valve! - skidpan

You need to get the circuit checked from the valve to the heater control panel. If this proves ok, then it is likely the heater panel is at fault. Not uncommon on these. Find a good s/hand unit Price new from Ford dealer is a whopping £400.!!

My Puma started blowing only cold air in the middle of winter, valve diagnosed as the culprit, dealer sorted for £100 all in.

3 years later in the middle of summer it started blowing hot air only. To stop me baking I simply clamped one of the hoses to the valve with the hope that come winter I could cope with heat all the time. Sold the car making the buyers aware that it could be either the valve or panel. They clearly hoped it was the valve and took a punt, never heard from them so no idea. As said above the panel is V Expensive.

Presuming you haven't left the temperature setting high then it must be a hot/cold air flap control issue

These cars do not have a flap (unless they are the poverty model?), the temp is controlled by the electric valve in the water pipe on most versions. When you cannot change the temp its either the valve or the control panel.

2002 Ford Fiesta 1.25 - Hot Air in Car - It's Not Me or Heater Valve! - Railroad.

The heater valve is made of a plastic material which becomes brittle over time. It's quite possible that there are broken fragments of the old valve inside the heater hose which are blocking the flow of coolant through the heater matrix.

2002 Ford Fiesta 1.25 - Hot Air in Car - It's Not Me or Heater Valve! - enfo

I've changed dozens of these valves, its possible that it was not fitted correctly, the temp control should be set at the midway (warm position) before switch on and start up if not it can jam, they are also so poor i've had proper ford ones fail the day after fittting.