Spares availability - Warranty Claims - Steveieb
We have a hydraulic work bench which constantly fails.
The activator system which pumps up the bench seizes air leaks fluid and has been returned to the manufacturer by the local factor three times.

Tried the importers technical department and they were not forthcoming about warranty period or even the length of time they need to keep parts under EC law.

They claim 12 months and that's them covered and we have exceeded this by 12 months. And they say the contract is with the factor.

It's such a big heavy bench which is useless without the activator mechanism . But does anyone know my rights please ?
Spares availability - Warranty Claims - Steveieb
Another piece of information I failed to include is that the supplier simply badged up a product that was manufactured by another company which have now ceased trading.

But have the company who badge an item the same responsibility under consumer law as a manufacturer as regards warranty ?

Grateful your help ?
Spares availability - Warranty Claims - skidpan

Any good hydraulic/compressed air company would be able to source spares. The manufacturer of the bench will only be using widely available parts to assemble it. If they used unique one offs the bench would be too expensive.

I suspect the parts they use are substandard ones from the cheapest source. Get identical quality ones and I suspect you will have no issues.

Spares availability - Warranty Claims - ExA35Owner

Assuming this is a consumer purchase your contract is with the vendor, not with the manufacturer or anyone else.The manufacturer or importer might be willing to help but they have no contractual relationship with you.

If it's business to business then you have less protection and it depends on the terms and conditions of the contract of sale.