One doctor owner - Avant

'One doctor owner' would put me off: quite possibly the car may have done a lot of short, rushed, urgent journeys, especially if the doctor was called out at night.

Or it might be a PhD....

One doctor owner - RT

Just as "low mileage, one lady owner" is likely to all sorts of issues.

One doctor owner - argybargy

I don't think it would put me off, although you might have a problem with the engine revs surgeon.

One doctor owner - badbusdriver

I don't think it would put me off, although you might have a problem with the engine revs surgeon.

:-)

One doctor owner - Galaxy

Doesn't necessarily have to be a doctor from the medical profession.

It could just be someone with a PhD!

One doctor owner - Steveieb
My nephew who is a Doctor of Arbiculture always uses the Dr description on flight details hoping he gets an upgrade.

Not a lot of use to any passenger who has a heart attack in flight.
One doctor owner - Engineer Andy

Doesn't necessarily have to be a doctor from the medical profession.

It could just be someone with a PhD!

Perhaps, but I would say (if I did have a PhD) that I was an Engineer (I am), or a Scientist, etc etc.

One thing I found out at college many moons ago was that, of all students, medical students were the hardest drinkers (long hours?). That might mean they were less than attentive drivers or even were more likely to have accidents (other than those in showbiz or the media) than the average driver. Whether this is true or not in reality, I don't know.

One doctor owner - argybargy

My wife's family GP liked a drink or two.

On one occasion we went to see him about referring her for a hospital appointment. He asked her how many patients were still in the waiting room and when she answered "I think I'm the last" he opened a drawer in his desk, took out a bottle of whisky, then proceeded to pour himself a generous measure. Judging from the bulbous nature and colour of his nose, this wasn't a rare occurence.

Lovely feller, to be honest, and probably a very good doctor before the drink got to him.

To keep on topic, I wouldn't have wanted to buy his car when he'd finished with it.

Edited by argybargy on 10/12/2017 at 09:46

One doctor owner - SLO76
It’s a suggestion that the car has been maintained without worry over costs as doctors tend to be rather well off. Most cars I’ve encountered that’ve came from such owners tend to be well serviced but it’s no guarantee of a tidy car body or interior wise. Our Polo came from one and the bumpers were covered in scuffs from her scrappy parking. Cheaply bought and repaired though.
One doctor owner - CK91437

And how do they know it's only done motorway miles?

It's impossible for them to know that, unless you personally know the owner & their driving habits.