MINI Convertible - Petrol spill - Greybeard Eccosse
Car stolen and rogues were going to torch vehicle however were interrupted and threw open petrol canister onto seats any suggestions how to remove the smell of petrol?
MINI Convertible - Petrol spill - RobJP

I would suggest you leave this up to your insurance company.

You do have an insurance company, I presume ...

Unfortunately not ! Don't ask!!
MINI Convertible - Petrol spill - Ethan Edwards

Really quick way.. ..have a cigarette in your car.

Otherwise it'll evaporate just give it time, keep it well ventilated.

MINI Convertible - Petrol spill - Happy Blue!

If the only 'damage' is the smell of petrol the get the car upholstery shampooed.

MINI Convertible - Petrol spill - TheGentlemanThug

A good scrub perhaps?

More to the point, why don't you have insurance?

MINI Convertible - Petrol spill - Cyd

I don't see that questioning the OP regarding his insurance status is any of our business. There are legitimate reasons for not having insurance. Nor does it pertain to the question put.

Seriously though GE, change the seats. There's plenty of Mini seats available used and it isn't difficult to do. https://youtu.be/jrLkWw2hb7Y

MINI Convertible - Petrol spill - RobJP

I'd agree. My first question was just to ascertain the situation - in case it was someone who was hoping to avoid making a claim, for example, in which case it would just not be worth it.

A potential alternative to changing the seats might (note, MIGHT) be to leave the car parked in a nice hot garage for a couple of weeks with the roof down. That does assume that summer is not over, however !

MINI Convertible - Petrol spill - TheGentlemanThug

I don't see that questioning the OP regarding his insurance status is any of our business. There are legitimate reasons for not having insurance. Nor does it pertain to the question put.

Seriously though GE, change the seats. There's plenty of Mini seats available used and it isn't difficult to do. https://youtu.be/jrLkWw2hb7Y

I'm well aware that there are reasons for not having inurance, however, if someone is breaking the law and screwing things up for law-abiding motorists like me, then I make it my business.

And insurance does pertain to the original question as the OP could make an insurance claim for the damage.

The car is in Aus where they have mandatory third party only insurance combined with their road tax and additional Ins had just lapsed!

Thieves entered the house took only the car keys for the two family cars, money and laptops not touched, tried to break in to another home, were disturbed and drove off, returned half an hour later and drove off with the other vehicle. meanwhile family thinking it was other family members moving about the house consequently did not challenge them.maybe just as well!!

now a week later and other car found and returned with suspect (s) in police custody.

Ned Kelly is still alive!!!