Best Dashcam? - Warning

There is a lot of bad driving. I wanted a dashcam, in case of accidents. So it has to be able to read number plates....

Just wondering which is the best dash cam (and reasonably priced), for this purpose.

Best Dashcam? - Warning

Looks like HJ read my mind:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/products/top-10s/top-10-best-.../

Best Dashcam? - Smileyman

Review this website too .. lots of useful comments to ponder ...

http://www.techmoan.com/guide-to-dashcams/

I've been running a dashcam for the past 3 years (or so), I've just changed cars and earlier today took the dashcam out of the old car to fit to the new car. Problem - up to now I've powered the unit from the cigarette lighter socket as this powers off whenever the engine is switched off, however in the new car the cigarette lighter is always powered, so I will have to wire into the fusebox, not something I wanted to do.

Best Dashcam? - FP

"... in the new car the cigarette lighter is always powered, so I will have to wire into the fusebox..."

Don't you remove it anyway, when out of the car? I remove mine.

Best Dashcam? - alan1302

"... in the new car the cigarette lighter is always powered, so I will have to wire into the fusebox..."

Don't you remove it anyway, when out of the car? I remove mine.

Personally I leave mine in at all times - it's very small and unobstrusive.

And even if you took it with you having it wired in properly means less wire trailing about the car.

Best Dashcam? - TheGentlemanThug

I use a Nextbase 402G Professional myself and it's a cracking unit. Had a couple of Mini 0803 cams before that but one died shortly after purchase and the other about a year later.

Best Dashcam? - gordonbennet

Had a couple of Mini 0803 cams before that but one died shortly after purchase and the other about a year later.

ditto, one went back for refund, son had one which died just after a year.

There are about 4 or possibly now 5 Transcend 200's in the extended family fleet. all giving sterling service.

Best Dashcam? - FP

Another vote for the Nextbase 402G - good even at night.

Best Dashcam? - Smileyman

that's odd, I have the 0803, been using it for about 3 or 4 years and it's still working, I use a small sim card as don't need much history, less than 1 hour is good enough for me. As I've just purchased a new car i've just moved dashcam to the new car, unfortunately this has an "always on" cigarette lighter socket so am considering whether to hard wire into the fuse box, or possibly upgrade to a twin camera set up, front & rear windows (provided I can find a system I like). Drive 20k miles a year so dashcam gets plenty of usage.