Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Maintenance package or not? - AER

Looking at a 3 year Personal Contract Hire deal and there is an option to add a maintenance package at £55pm which is around £1985 over term of the deal, is this worth it?

Previously had a 2 year deal with no maintenance and had no issues with the vehicle so only servicing costs.

Should I take it or not? Any views welcom.

Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Maintenance package or not? - 72 dudes

I'd say 'perhaps'!

With a Merc, in the 3 years you'll have it, there will be a smallish service, followed by a big service and another smallish service (unless you are going to be doing well above average miles?)

I would budget around £1050 for those. Then 4 tyres at say £150 each. It's not a million miles away without anything else, so if you are risk averse and like the thought of knowing what your monthly outgoings are, it may be worthwhile for you.

Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Maintenance package or not? - daveyjp
Save the £55 a month yourself and come service time you can shop around for the best deal. Its alarming how much difference there can be in servicing costs at different dealers and they do price match.
Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Maintenance package or not? - Happy Blue!

How many miles will you be driving. If you require only one service per year and probably no new tyres in that time, the answer is probably no.

However, do check with Mercedes. I had the option and apart from one particular reason specific to me, I thought it was a fair deal.

Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Maintenance package or not? - SLO76
It would have to be substantially cheaper to be worthwhile. Over three years on average mileage you'll have one minor and one major service plus maybe a couple of tyres which would cost a fraction of the cost of this. The car would go back before the third service is due unless you're doing a heavy mileage.

I hope you shopped around for a deal on the car. If this is an example of what the firm are offering its hugely overpriced!