Nissan Qashqai - Advice on scuff - Luke Tracey

Hi would anyone have any advice on a way to get this scuff repared. Can I do it my self or how much about would it be to done.

imgur.com/WZgnd2g

imgur.com/XHjmqCq

Thanks

Nissan Qashqai - Advice on scuff - johnnyrev
I used www.chipsaway.co.uk/ recently when my bumper got scuffed by a careless person (although to be fair they then paid for the scuff to be fixed). I think it was around £100, and they came and did it on my drive.
Nissan Qashqai - Advice on scuff - gordonbennet

I suggest about £120 give or take £30 via a mobile smart repairer to do the paintwork, similar price at a one man and his dog small bodyshop, lots more where managers receptionists carpets nice seats and free coffee are found.

The plastic insert isn't going to look like new again unless its replaced, but they'll do something with it to improve it.

Nissan Qashqai - Advice on scuff - Halmerend
The plastic wheel arches are about £90 to buy and are attached using plastic studs. I'd polish it up first to see how much damage has actually been done.
Nissan Qashqai - Advice on scuff - daveyjp
No more than £150, but as it is plastic a bodyshop would be better so they can do it in a heated workshop for a better long lasting finish.
Nissan Qashqai - Advice on scuff - TedCrilly

My grandson recently backed his GTC into low brick wall causing damage to the rear bumper cover insert and a reflector. A local man in a van chips away type operator quoted £120+vat to repair and was not prepared to say the repair would be 100% invisible. Wanting a perfect job he went to the local Vx garage to get a price on a new insert with a view to replacing it himself. An hour later he was driving out with a new one fitted for just over £100+vat. They had the parts in stock, it was 15min ramptime to fit and they had a slot so he took them up on the quote and they did it while he waited. Fortunately there was no paintwork damaged or the price would have been substantially higher.

Nissan Qashqai - Advice on scuff - Wackyracer

I would go for an indy bodyshop everytime. I had my door and bonnet resprayed at a cost of £300 (£150 per panel) and it was done in a proper spray booth/oven.

A friend had their landcruiser bumper sprayed by some mobile outfit in a tent at their place of work and the finish was terrible. If I'm not mistaken they charged £200.

Nissan Qashqai - Advice on scuff - ExA35Owner

I suspect that franchise operators like ChipsAway will vary depending on the individual technician. We had an excellent job done recently and you really couldn't see the repair afterwards. Very impressed though quite a waiting time for the appointment.

Nissan Qashqai - Advice on scuff - TedCrilly

I hear mixed things about even the most professional SMART operators. I personally can't see how they can promise a perfect finish when the paint is applied essentialy, in the open and will therefore be subject to air born contaminants such as dust and to variations in temperature and humidity. These factors are not issues when body repairs are carried out in a controlled environment such as that you would find in a well equipped bodyshop.

Nissan Qashqai - Advice on scuff - skidpan

When Dads car got a bumper scuff I took it to the local smart repairer who did all the pre lease return clean ups for the wife at a previous job. He does the jobs in a professional workshop and not by the roadside in a tent and his quality is superb. Mr Nissan wanted to fit a new bumper, spary the whole rear of the cars and blow it in down the sides, quoted over £400. Smart repair chap simply repaired slight gouge in bumper and painted what was necessary, charged £55. It looked magic on collection and looked the same 4 years later.

Nissan Qashqai - Advice on scuff - Falkirk Bairn

My year old Xedos was left with paint flaking off on the rear corner of the bumper. Chips away sprayed it in my drive.

I sold the car when it was 15 years old & the repair was still perfect i.e. you could not see the repair.