Vauxhall Zafira (2005–2014)
- April 2005: Price list
- May 2005: Heavily facelifted Zafira launched
- July 2007
- March 2008: Zafira range facelifted
- March 2009: New Ecoflex Zafira goes on sale
- New Zafira Expression 1.6i 16v£12,995
- New Zafira Life 1.6i 16v£14,495
- New Zafira Life 1.6i 16v (a/c)£14,995
- New Zafira Life 2.2i 16v Direct£16,845
- New Zafira Life 1.9 CDTi (120PS)£16,995
- New Zafira Life 1.9 CDTi (120PS) Euro IV£17,395
- New Zafira Club 1.6i 16v£15,195
- New Zafira Club 1.6i 16v (a/c)£15,695
- New Zafira Club 2.2i 16v Direct£17,545
- New Zafira Club 1.9CDTi (120PS)£17,695
- New Zafira Club 1.9CDTi (120PS) Euro IV£18,095
- New Zafira Design 2.2i 16v Direct£18,995
- New Zafira Design 2.0i 16v Turbo (200PS)£20,445
- New Zafira Design 1.9 CDTi (120PS)£18,895
- New Zafira Design 1.9 CDTi 16v (150PS)£20,045
- New Zafira Design 1.9 CDTi (120PS) Euro IV£19,295
- New Zafira Design 1.9 CDTi (150PS) Euro IV£20,445
- New Zafira SRi 2.2i 16v Direct£18,545
- New Zafira SRi 2.0i 16v Turbo (200PS)£19,995
- New Zafira SRi 1.9 CDTi (120PS)£19,095
- New Zafira SRi 1.9 CDTi (150PS)£19,595
- New Zafira SRi 1.9 CDTi (120PS) Euro IV£19,495
- New Zafira SRi 1.9 CDTi (150PS) Euro IV£19,995
- New Zafira VXR (140PS) £21,995
Optional 19" wheels for VXR at £500.
New VVT 1.8 engine from November 2005 with 140PS and low CO2 of 187g/km.
Heavily facelifted Zafira launched
Restyled Zafira with same Flex 7 seats, but centre seats modified so outer two can move closer if middle seat not being used. 4,467mm long x 1,776mm wide x 1,637mm high.
Direct injection petrol 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0 litre engines. 1.8 Ecotec has 140PS. Also GM/FIAT 1.9 120 and 150bhp diesels and turbo 200bhp GSi. 620 litres luggager space with 5 seats up. 240PS Zafira XXR from october 2005. 320Nm torque. 0-60mph in 7.2 with top speed 144mph. 18" alloys standard on VXR with 225/40 ZR 18 tyres.
Diesel automatic very impressive. Has excellent, well-matched 6-speed autobox (but see What to Watch Out for as can suffer a heat exchanger problem).
Flagship Zafira Elite on sale priced from £18,950. Has full leather trim, electronic climate control, cruise control, CD30 stereo with MP3 socket, alloy wheels, a multifunction trip computer and a sight and light pack, which incorporates automatic lighting control, rain-sensitive windscreen wipers and an electro-chromatic self-dipping interior mirror. Engine choices include 1.8i 16v, 2.2 16v Direct and 2.0i 16v Turbo petrol engines, or a choice of 120PS or 150PS 1.9-litre CDTi diesels. Vauxhall’s clutchless Easytronic gearbox is available on 1.8-litre models, with a conventional 6-speed automatic offered on all other variants except the 2.0 Turbo.
Zafira range facelifted
Minor facelift for March 2008 ‘08’ include extra chrome detailing on the radiator grille, new foglamp surrounds, revised rear lamp clusters and chrome detailing on the front headlamp lenses. New Exclusiv trim comes with air conditioning, CD stereo, remote central deadlocking, electric front windows, side, front and curtain airbags, 16-inch Structure wheels, roof rails and body-coloured exterior trim.
Curtain airbags standard on all Zafira models from 07, while Design, Elite and VXR models also get new piano black interior detailing around the audio and ventilation controls.
New Ecoflex Zafira goes on sale
New-to-range 1.7-litre advanced diesel engine emitting combined emissions of just 139g/km, making it one of the lowest CO2 7 seaters. Band E for Vehicle Excise Duty – costing £120 2009/10 and £110 2010/11 – while its BIK tax for company car drivers drops to 18 per cent, the lowest taxation class for a seven-seater car in the UK.
The Zafira ecoFLEX also gains a significant improvement in fuel consumption. With a Combined figure of 53.3mpg, this Zafira now has a theoretical range of 680 miles, meaning fewer trips to the pumps and less damage to drivers’ wallets.
The 1.7 CDTi engine – which can also be found in the recent Astra ecoFLEX – produces 110PS and 260Nm of torque, giving acceleration of 0-60mph in 12.6 seconds and a top speed of 112mph. A different final drive ratio also raises the gearing, improving both fuel economy and offering a more relaxed cruising gait.
With a starting price of £17,310 for the Zafira Exclusiv ecoFLEX, buyers will pay a £100 premium over the equivalent 1.9 CDTi 120PS model.