Has a hard-wired dash cam messed with the electronics in my car?

I recently had a dash cam fitted and hard wired by Halfords. During inclement weather, a message came up on the dash saying, "Front camera cannot see, clean windscreen". Has the hard wiring of the dash camera messed up the electronics?

Asked on 28 April 2018 by Ken Moulds

That message will refer to the traffic sign recognition camera usually situated in the unit between the rear view mirror and the screen. This reminds you of speed limits, it does not refer to your dash cam. You just need to move the dash cam down a bit so it doesn't block the camera behind the mirror.
Tags: dash cam