Loose stones from a pothole damaged our car - can we claim repair costs from the council?

A car recently drove over a pothole where the road has been breaking up and showered my husband's car with loose stones. It looks like the council had repaired the road a few times in the past and it's broken up again. My husband's car has damage to the paintwork on the bonnet and the windscreen has been damaged in several places. He has video footage of this happening. Can we claim repair cost from the council?

Asked on 8 February 2018 by ferretlove

Answered by Tim Kelly
You can certainly try, and I suggest you do. Contact them directly.
Similar questions
I accidentally scraped against a 2002 van with my van and knocked the rear light cluster off. It was parked in a 'Keep Clear' spot behind an auction house on a one-way street. The street was very narrow...
My wife’s car was struck by a metal object which came from an open lorry going in the opposite direction. The damage was estimated at £1600. We contacted the police but there was no CCTV coverage. Our...
My Mercedes-Benz was damaged whilst parked recently. The other driver admitted liability, and a claim form was submitted to his insurer (AXA). I returned home and got estimates for the repair, including...

Ask Honest John

Value my car