Should I get a Volkswagen Caddy Maxi Life or a Fiat Doblo?

Which would be a better long term car, the Volkswagen Caddy Maxi Life or the Fiat Dolbo? I would be buying secondhand and keeping the car for 10 years minimum.

Asked on 13 November 2017 by P Stack

The Volkswagen Caddy Maxi Life is better than the Fiat Doblo, so long as you choose a manual gearbox. The DSG boxes have a catalogue of reported problems and I'd always choose manual over an auto when buying used. It would also be wise to make checks about the DPF: vans.honestjohn.co.uk/van-news/comment/van-drivers.../

For more Volkswagen Caddy advice, see our buying guide: vans.honestjohn.co.uk/used-van-buying-guides/volks.../