How can I stop my alloys getting dirty so quickly?

I own a Focus ST which has factory silver grey 19-inch alloys. The trouble is once cleaned they are filthy in a few days and virtually black in about a week. I've tried car polish on them but the result is still the same. I end up cleaning them twice a week.
Any suggestions?

Asked on 18 October 2017 by Kjez

Answered by John Slavin
We've seen a few Fords with very dirty alloy wheels - it seems to be down to the brake pads used. There is a way to keep the dirt at bay for a bit longer and that's to use an alloy wheel sealant, like Wonder Wheels Wheel Sealant. Apply it after giving them a thorough clean and it should help slow down the build-up of dirt.