I took my car to a hand car wash - and now the electric windows don't work?

I have a strange query. It was incredibly hot yesterday and I used the air conditioning on faster roads and opened the windows in 30mph zones. I thought the car looked dirty and got it washed and dried by hand and now the electric windows don't work (my model has front electric windows only). Everything else is working. It's a 2008 Skoda Fabia.

I guess that in the process water got into the switches or the windows and doors ECU inside the driver's door. They may dry out and simply work again. The water may have fused the system so that after it dries out all that is needed is a fresh fuse.