I've been refused compensation for pothole damage - what can I do?

I've been refused compensation for pot hole damage to two offside tyres by my local council. What can I do?

Asked on 10 April 2017 by Joe Moore

Answered by Honest John
Attempt a 'Small Claim': www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/overview/ But you will need evidence that the pothole was previously reported to potholes.co.uk or fixmystreet.co.uk and not repaired within a reasonable period of time.
Similar questions
Driving down a country lane I hit a deep pothole that was covered by a puddle. I was probably going around 25-30mph. My front wheel on the passenger's side is now rattling/squeaking. It’s not constant,...
Three days ago I suffered a blowout of my nearside rear tyre that resulted in a replacement at a cost of £96.60. This was caused by a 6-inch pothole adjacent to a drainage grid that I have photographed...
My house is very close, (just over three metres at the closest point), to a busy A-road that carries a lot of HGV traffic. Just over three months ago a depression and potholes appeared in the road just...

Ask Honest John

Value my car