Why won't my 1998 Renault Megane start?

My 1998 Renault Megane Cabriolet has had intermittent starting problems for a while now. The car seems to be fine but won't start. Battery appears fine. I thought it may be the immobiliser, as a few on and offs with the keyfob would sometimes start it. Also, if left for a day or two, it would then start. I don't hear any sound when I turn the key so I think it's not the starter motor. Now the car is refusing to start at all. Can anyone help?

It's usually the flywheel sensor, its connectors or its cable.