Why won't my Jaguar F-Pace change gear?

My Jaguar F-Pace is just two months old. Today, I was totally unable to select second gear from third. On restarting the engine the problem solved itself, although at times it is difficult to get it into third gear as I need to let out the clutch and re-try. What is the likely cause and what should I expect from the main dealer?

Asked on 27 November 2016 by L Reynolds

You mention clutch, so this must be a manual. I suspect the transmission lubrication system. This is a new type of transmission developed by Jaguar with 'dry sump' lubrication to reduce resistance from the cogs turning in a bath of oil. That system must have suffered a blockage or otherwise gone wrong.