Why does my Nissan Navara need a new DPF?

I own a 2016 Nissan Navara, which needs a new DPF after just four months. This is my 4th Navara and never had issues before. There is no mention of the driving standards or shorter journeys in user manual. Please define short journey?

I've also had to pay £175 at my local dealer as they will not pay and the DPF is not covered in the five year warranty.

Asked on 26 October 2016 by Tom shaw

If a vehicle with a comparatively big diesel engine is regularly run for distances of under 20 miles and also doesn't regularly do runs of 50 - 200 miles then active regeneration of the DPF is likely to be interrupted.