Should we fit non run flat tyres to our BMW Z4?

My partner's BMW Z4 came on Bridgestone Potenza run flat tyres and, although she loves the car, we both find the ride to be wanting. It doesn't ride anywhere near as well as my Skoda Octavia vRS. Would a change to non run flat tyres improve the ride and handling? We realise that there is no spare.

Asked on 23 October 2016 by Bill Patten

I would not switch. Non runflats and no spare will leave her vulnerable. You may find the latest Bridgestorne Driveguard runflats a bit softer. But you can get Cross Climates in 225/45 R17 and at the lowest cold pressures they will improve ride, road noise, steering feel and handling.