After a convertible for around £5000 - any suggestions?

I am looking to trade up from my Mazda MX-5 to a four seater convertible. My budget is £5000- 6500 and it has to be petrol as I only do 5000 miles a year. Not fussed between manual or auto. I'm not really keen on the folding metal roofs. I've been considering the Saab 9-3, Audi A4, BMW 1 & 3 series and the Mercedes CLK.

Asked on 7 August 2016 by Austino.

BMW 3 Series were folding hardtops from the E93, so you'd have to go back to an E46 to get a soft top. But 1 Series, A3 and A4 were all canvas. The problem is that they are all electro-hydraulic or pure electric and the system aren't brilliantly reliable. CLK roofs can be particularly expensive to fix. SAAB 9-3 looks good but feel very old and creaky these days.